Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nine Months!!!

Wow I can not even believe that I am at nine months waiting! For some reason this really feels like a milestone to me...much more than every month hit. I find that people are asking a lot recently about timelines and although I try to explain the long wait they do not seem to understand :) I hope that referral times speed up but for now am expecting a much, much, much longer wait.

This month went by really fast. I headed to England with my parents and sister which was nice. It has been a long time since the whole family took a trip together so it was nice to see everyone. We did some touring around and visiting much of my extended family. I had not been since 1997 so it was nice to see everyone again and explore. I found myself purchasing a few baby things while I was there (which I had not really done prior) as I could not resist :) I also found myself thinking a lot about my future child and the trip to Ethiopia. It is hard to not be excited or think about it but on the other hand it is hard to think about it :) I know people all say that the wait seems not so bad once you get a referral.

In the meantime it is exciting to see those who have waited so long get their referrals, pass court and hopefully travel soon! I hope the beginning of this month brings good news for everyone. What a great Christmas present it would be for people!

2 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

Congrats! Each day is one step closer. :)

Ranavan said...

9 months Down!!!!