Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ethiopian Dinner and meeting new people!

All week I have been checking the mail constantly! I know that it could be a couple more weeks until my homestudy arrives back from the government but I was hoping it would come. To my surprise my parcel from my secret pal arrived! I was like a child -- so excited and almost in tears as I read the beautiful poem and opened the gifts! I think this exchange helps me to pass the wait -- as everyone involved in this process knows.....I still have a LONG way to go!

Tonight was an Ethiopian event - dinner with many other people in different stages of the process. I met some wonderful people and loved to hear all about these experiences. There were also many beautiful children of all ages in attendance and it was nice to see that this long wait is so worth it! I made some great contacts and look forward to following different people through their process!

Keeping my fingers crossed that my homestudy will return to me this week!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hi! It was great to meet you, your mom and aunt! I look forward to following your journey!

Praying that your homestudy returns this week. Remember to check the approval letter carefully, they made a mistake on ours that delayed us an extra 8 weeks.

Cheers!