Friday, March 20, 2009

Secret Pal - not so secret now :)

This month is the last month of the secret pal exchange that I have been involved in and what a wonderful six months it has been. I received my last parcel this month and I have to say it was wonderful! My secret pal made a beautiful frame with a poem (she is a scrapbooker for sure!) and a space for a picture! Then made a bunch of thank you cards that will come in so handy!!! There was also a book called "Shades of Black" which I thought was very cool and have not seen before! - Last off there was a grandma brag book included for my mom.. ........but the biggest surprise of all was who my secret pal was. She was very tricky throughout I must say -- I thought it was coming from another province as one or two packages return addresses indicated such but to my surprise she was right here in Calgary. And to top that off I have met her and shared an Ethiopian dinner with her sitting right beside me -- Tammy I tell you this was a shock! Tammy just got exciting news for her and her husband this month - check out her blog http://tammyandsidadopt.blogspot.com/ what a wonderful surprise.

So now I really need to get my camera out and post some pictures of all the wonderful stuff that she has sent me. (But first I need to get back to work!!!).

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Like I mentioned before, it was a blast being your secret pal!! :)

I knew you would be at the Ethiopian dinner (from your post on the meet-up group) and scoped you out as I walked in, lol. I plunked myself right down beside you in hopes that you were actually who I thought you were and lo and behold it was you, lol!
Mmmmm, just thinking of that meal makes me crave Ethiopia again, it has been a few months.

Looking forward to continuing to follow your journey toward motherhood. It is more than I ever expected, let me tell you! But get your sleep now! lol. You won't get any for a very long time once you are a mom. I'm learning very quickly, lol! But so worth it!



Tammy