Thursday, July 23, 2009

5 months!

As most people know by know the last month was filled much much heartache and stress for those working with Imagine to complete there adoptions. Fortunately the children who were in the care of Imagine are being cared for until they are able to join their families in Canada (thanks to a donor!). For the families who had not received referrals there are still many unanswered questions.



Today marks 5 months of waiting for me. I would love to say that I am X amount of months away from a referral but the world of international adoption is unpredictable so all I can do it try not to focus on time lines (ahem easier said than done!). I have to say that by this time next year I will probably not be so patient but for now I am managing to keep busy :) I am sending out good vibes to all of those families who have been waiting 20+ months for a referral....and hoping for some good news soon! I also hope that those of you with referrals recieve court dates and get those babies home!

2 comments:

Ranavan said...

You might not be able to say your X amount of months away but you are 5 months closer that is for sure.

International adoption is certainly filled with uncertainty...but keep the faith friend...it will happen.

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Thanks Rana! That is a really good way to look at it :)