Monday, September 28, 2009

7 Months!!!

Today marks 7 months waiting for my referral! I have to say that this last month went by pretty fast as work was very busy (not much time to sit and think about the wait!). I am hoping that the next couple months also speed by - part of me doesn't want to wish away this year....but if I do it brings me closer to a referral! People have started to ask "have you heard anything", I have explained to people that I most likely won't hear anything until next year - some tell me I am being negative and need to think more positive! Ha ha....I think at this point thinking in a year is being positive :) It is hard for people to understand the process but I guess they will see eventually.

What happened this month? Well Hazel, Evelyn, Amber and myself attended a workshop put on by Dr. Sears (has wrote many books on attachment and parenting). Although this was not aimed at adoptive parents it was still very applicable. Dr. Sears and his wife were very interesting speakers so it was a nice night out! I also attended a wedding which I won't go into as I did at an earlier post. This past Saturday I went with some of my friends for a girls night out - we had some Ethiopian food at Fassil and then we spent some time at my house catching up. Last off this month was my friends little boys third birthday! This was a very significant date as his sister and him were adopted (from Canada) by my friend last year and met them a few days before his second birthday! It was nice to see how much has changed in the past year and how they have grown and settled in to the family as though they had always been there!

Busy month to say the least - now onto the next month of waiting!!

1 comment:

Dancin' Momma said...

Sounds like a great month! And one step closer. :)