Today I hit 11 months of waiting however at the way that things are moving now it seems as though it is going to be possibly another year or more until I hear anything. I am trying to stay hopeful that I will hear something in the fall however not sure if this is a good idea due to the lengthing time lines. I suppose sometimes optimism is much better then realism right ;) Last year when my file landed in Ethiopia the wait times were much shorter and the possiblity of my file being "close" to a referral at this time was good. With increasing time lines, delays in process and the unperdictability of international adoption these time lines have doubled.
Much of the news recently in the adoption world has been that of frustration and a lot of "no news". I am hoping the next month bring much good news to those waiting for referrals, court dates and those of you who have waited way too long to pick up your little ones!
This month so far has been a busy one however. I was able to celebrate two friends 30th birthdays as well as 1st Biset's birthday (see last post). It was nice to see everyone at these parties!
7 years ago

3 comments:
Congratulations on hitting the 11 month mark. That is great news. I hope you are surprised with a referral soon.
Another month down - woot!!
Thankfully, there has been some good news and movement on the board over the last couple of days. So you're still moving forward, my friend. I am ever hopeful that with all the latest nonsense, procedures will be finally improved to become more efficient so that things can start to happen faster.
I'm happy to find another single woman adopting from Ethiopia. You're about 6 months further than me, so I'll be following your progress closely, with anticipation, and with best wishes.
Post a Comment