Sunday, February 28, 2010

12 Months!

One year of waiting for a referral! I have been thinking about this post for the past few days - what do you really say. I am more than happy to have one year of waiting behind me, I am reminded of this as my ticker baby starts again - not over but onto year two of waiting. I am ready to be a mom! I look forward to this year and finding out if my baby will be a boy or a girl and seeing my baby's face for the first time (hopefully this year!).

This process of waiting is hard! I have to say that it has many ups and downs. It does not matter how much you prepare yourself for this there are moments when it seems overwhelming and as if it will never happen. Thankfully this is countered by following others through the journey who recieve referrals, pass court and travel to pick up their children. These moments give hope and excitment.

Here is to the next year bringing much good news!!!

On a side note - I finally completed the first of hopefully many quilts for my baby!  This was was pretty simple but I fell in love with the material. I hope to get a picture up of it soon. 

4 comments:

Dancin' Momma said...

Congrats on one year, by the next year be your year!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a big milestone, the year mark! It sounds like you have a great attitude, it'll get you there!

Connie said...

12 months down! That's big! Pretty soon we're there too! (next week!)
This year will be the year!

Heidi said...

Hey... we reached one year on February 21... May we have good news together!

Heidi