Sunday, March 28, 2010

13 Months!!

Today marks 13 months of waiting for a referral.  I have a bit of mixed feelings around this.  First off I am so happy to be at 13 months as it just brings me that much closer.  I am hopeful that I am past the half way mark of my wait however a little cautious all the same as wait times have been increasingly creaping up.  When I started they told me it was 8-14 months waiting for a referral; at that time I was counting on at least 18 months.  Now the wait times they are saying is 18-24 months however many people are at the 24 month mark and still waiting! I think as much as I understand the process and expected the ups and downs it does not make it any easier.  With that being said I am trying to remain positive and I know in my heart that the wait will bring me to the right child for my family.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey... Our dossiers arrived in Ethiopia on the exact same day. That's cool! I agree and hope we are also at around the half way mark to referral!

Happy waiting...
Heidi

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Cool!!! Heidi maybe we will be travelling together - what was your request?

Stephanie said...

The wait is tough no doubt... but it is doable. Good friends and great family can make all the difference. Wishing you luck!

Steph
20 months waiting for child under 42 months

Connie said...

We're right there with you in the waiting time. Who knows... maybe we'll travel with you too!

Hang in there, you'll get there. You child will come to you at just the right time.

Ramona said...

Ohh- if you get to travel with Connie you'll have fun! I wish i could have traveled with her!

Oh I can remember the frustration off getting half way to the "finish line" and having it pulled again... But Oh how I hope you are over half way there!!! And you can do it. There are many of us cheering you on!

Ramona

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Connie it sounds like there are a few of us at that time -- a travel group would be fun!

Natalie and Chris said...

I said the exact same thing yesterday "the child I get will be the one ment for me". If we keep believing in this we will all make it through and forget about it all when we are family is together.

Hang in there 13 months closer.

hazel said...

Ah yes, the ever moving finish line :-(

Fortunately you are right and the timing will bring the right child to you. I am living proof of that fact.

Happy Lucky 13!