Sunday, April 11, 2010

This week my coordinator sent out March's update.  Many people have been asking them to send a list of when dossiers landed in Ethiopia and up until this update they had decided to not share this information for numerous reasons.  As a part of Marchs update they sent a list of months and how many dossiers landed (not age requests or specifics but just numbers).  I have to say part of me wishes that they had not done this.  With simply numbers it looks like it will be FOREVER before my file is at the top of the pile and because the number of referrals per month is also unpertictable there is no way of knowing timelines at this point.  I am trying hard to see the positives and most days am able to. My worry is that I will still be waiting at the two year mark like many people are right now.  There is no way to perdict this of course. 

Another part of the update was confirmation that adoptive parents will need to attend court in Ethiopia.  We all knew that this was something that was in the works but it has been confirmed.  What still is not clear is whther or not two trips is going to be required.  My assumption would be yes however the update indicted that the court date would be about 6 weeks after the first court date where the child is relinquished by parents, etc.  This leaves much wondering as to whether much of the immigration stuff can be done ahead of time therefore making it possible for just a longer trip??  Many questions left unanswered but since I am far from that point I will wait and see what other people experience.

1 comment:

hazel said...

Arrgh, sometimes more information is not a good thing. I remember that feeling well.

Try not to be too discouraged.