I am a little late posting as I was away on the 28th. I have to say the last couple months since I posted have been difficult to say the least but they seem to be looking up more now. The last two months have been filled with very little new referrals and visa news for families; this to say the least was disappointing and made the end point feel unreachable. With that being said the last week there has been some movement and I am hoping this means good things for the next while. Families have been waiting a LONG time for referrals and to bring their children home.
My thanks goes out to the support of another adoptive mom who has brought her daughter home. She was able to listen to my vent and offer some hope :) This makes me value the adoption community more than ever. To be able to talk to someone who has been there, done that, is so helpful!
Hitting 20 months feels like a big achievement - I don't know how much longer the wait will be, or what other changes may occur in the meantime but I have been restored with some hope that it will happen :) Here is hoping the good news continues and the movement in the program remains steady.
7 years ago

1 comment:
I remember well how much it really does help to have friends who have made it through. We have another friend coming home next week, and I hope her coming full circle also gives you a boost :-D
Call anytime, my friend!
Post a Comment