21 months!!! Boy I never imagined when I started this process that I would still be waiting to see the face of my little one. I had gone in expecting a long wait...but not quite this long! I have to say however that my coordinator has been wonderful throughout this. I called in at the beginning of this month to ensure they received all of my updated dossier (has to be updated after two years) and thought I would just check in re: time lines. I knew they could not give me a real picture of how much longer until a referral due to all of the factors involved but they were wonderful on the phone and seemed to understand the difficulty of waiting. It looks like it could be up to another year before I receive a referral however given I have not specified a gender this may be less time than others. That news was disappointing for sure -- but at least it helped me to adjust my mind frame a bit and I hope it makes this part of the wait a bit easier.
This past week has brought good news of travel visas for many little ones! May the next couple weeks be filled with more good news of visas, referrals and court dates!
7 years ago

4 comments:
We're almost at 21 months as well. Yes, it looks like it will be a while yet till a referral. What age have you requested? We haven't updated our dossier yet because our agency hasn't sent anything to us yet. But I think that will be happening soon, at which time we'll be changing our age request. All the best with your waiting.
Hi Connie,
I have requested either gender under a year. I would contact your agency as I didn't hear anything from mine either but just knew mine was coming up on the two year mark. What are you requesting or changing it to? Looks like we are very close in timelines!
Hi again! I did contact our agency this week and they are sending something to us soon about updating. Our current request is for a girl up to 18 months, but we'll be changing that to a girl up to 30 months. We're hoping for as close to our son's age as possible.
That makes sense Connie! I think this wait is going longer than any of us expected!
Post a Comment