Thursday, July 28, 2011

29 Months!

29 months of waiting!  Many people compare the adoption journey to riding an emotional roller coaster, if this were the case I would say 29 months feels like I on the part of the ride that is rapidly going up and down abruptly and I am trying to read what is ahead before it arrives.  I feel more optimistic given that there has been much good news regarding visas and referrals.  I am also finding that I am trying to read between the lines of information provided.  The adoption coordinator has been great at answering questions but every ! or smiley face leaves me trying to interpret. 

August is a busy month so I am hoping that this helps distract the anticipation a bit.  Right now I feel my heart drop when the phone rings with an unknown number. I have to say knowing that you are close to a referral is the hardest stage so far.  At least when I knew that there were many in front of me I was not so jumpy :)  Trying to remain positive still and for the most part this is working.  People keep asking what happens after the referral to which I answer that it leads to the next stage of waiting but boy am I ready for a different change of scenery.  August will be three years since I started this process - wow I never would have imagined! 

Hoping August brings much good news to people!

3 comments:

hazel said...

You are soooo close now. I remember considering and reconsidering every smiley face and exclamation mark as well. Crazy!!

Yes - keep busy! I hope we can hook up sometime soon.

sonja said...

Hi, Michelle -
I have never commented on your blog before, but I "know" you from the international adoption chat board...I am always curious to hear how things are going for you, as I am just a few weeks behind you on the old adoption waiting list and have a very similar request. (either gender, under 18 months) So if you feel optimistic, I feel optimistic!
Here's to exciting things happening for you in the very near future!
Sonja

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

For sure Hazel! I am around for the most part and would love to see you and Biset!

Sonja I hope we both hear good news soon! Trying to stay positive is sometimes hard I can't always say I am :)