Today marks 27 months of waiting. This week I heard from my adoption coordinator that they are coming to the city and meeting with families in June. I am looking forward to actually talking to someone in person rather than on the phone. I need now to sit down and think about the questions that I might have. They also are going to share what people ahead of me are requesting which will be nice.
This past month I have been trying to think of baby names. Given I work with children and youth this is proving to be difficult. Girls names come easily but boys are more difficult. Any ideas? I have a list started but have also heard from other adoptive moms that at times people have had lots of ideas and then once seeing a picture of their little one felt that none fit. This however is giving me something to focus on.
On a positive note it sounds like people are receiving their visa's in less time than before. Here's hoping that this trend continues!
A referral by the end of the summer????? boy I hope so!
7 years ago

3 comments:
Where are they coming to? We just hit the 27 month mark as well. I so wish for you to have your referral soon.
Have fun choosing names... :)
Heidi
Oh! It will be exciting to get some details from your agency folks. I hope that they have some helpful information for you!
I definitely fit into the camp of people who will not be able to name my child until I see him/her, but that doesn't stop me from looking at names!
Have you looked at lists of Ethiopian names? I fell in love with quite a few Ethiopian names when I was planning on that program. The sound structure of the Ethiopian languages has a lot of similarities to English and this also carries over to naming (which I think is helpful - some sound systems do not translate well at all!). Choosing an Ethiopian name would also reduce the risk of name overlap with the children you work with (a problem I also have).
Good luck with the decision making!
They are coming to Calgary. What is your request for? I can try to remember or write down some of the info for you.
I have tried to look at all different names - any favorite Ethiopian ones you have?
Post a Comment