32 months of waiting -- wow! I wouldn't have imagined when I started or even a year ago that I would still be waiting to see a picture of my little one. Things seems to have halted since August in terms of Ethiopian adoptions without much reason other than the guesses I have. On a positive note the director of my coordinating agency and two workers left for Ethiopia yesterday. From what I understand their plan is to address the lack of referrals and bring some back!! Here is hoping that they are able to bring many referrals back with them as I realize that just because this is their hopes it does not mean the paperwork will be there to do so. As I wait the level of patience's ebbs and flows. I try to keep in mind that everything happens for a reason and the child that is meant to be in my life will come when the time is right. However at times my heart and head don't match up on this one :) I am ever so thankful for the supportive people in my life - despite them not totally understanding as they do not stand in my shoes and never have they have been great. So now I am left with the question - what do I do for the next month to keep my mind busy and have time fly by?!
Here is hoping that November brings good news to LOTS of families!!!!
7 years ago

1 comment:
Yes indeed, here's hoping.
Waiting with no certain timeline (or with a constantly shifting timeline) is certainly challenging at times, eh?
My fingers are crossed that things will start moving soon - hang in there!
Sonja
Post a Comment