Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Month 33

Well the month of November didn't quite turn out the way I hoped (yet anyways).  The agency went to Ethiopia however did not come back with referrals as so many of us had been thinking they might.  They did come back with some information on the slow down and overall state of international adoption.  This news was bitter sweet from my stand point - countries are trying to find ways to raise children within their own communities which I think is great but on the other hand I wonder at what cost does this come to the children and families who know they are unable to care for the children.  I am trying to remain positive that my adoption will happen but at times this is difficult as things change so quickly from one day to the next.  I decided I am going to try not to set myself up for disappointment by setting a short timeline that I think I might get a referral - fingers crossed that will work! 

I have met so many amazing people through this journey (most through emails) and this support is so appreciated.  Here is hoping that people get some good news for Christmas!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I haven't seen any CAFAC referrals in ages. It must be your turn soon!