Friday, June 12, 2009

Not adoption related but moments that help one get through!

This time of year is a bit of a world wind for me at work as I go into different schools to do therapy with kids. The time of year brings extra stress to them as well as the people in the schools so typically much busier as well as trying to prepare for the next year. (I suppose this is all a benefit as it makes time fly and me that much closer to referral - yes very far still but maybe a few months will go quick :) ). Anyways I was at a school this week when this young man (teenager) told me that he had something for me and handed me a home made card. I opened the card which thanked me for the support through his challenging year and then said "you make a difference in my life". I was blown away and holding back the tears! I must say it is moments like this that really remind me why I do what I do and make all the busyness and stress subside!

1 comment:

Dancin' Momma said...

That is awesome!!! What a sweet gesture