Today marks 6 months of waiting, possible 1/3 of the way to a referral or 1/4 as wait times currently stand (although this could shorten or lengthen a lot over the next few months). This time of year also marks when I began the paperwork trail 1 year ago! I have to say that the past 6 months have felt like each second was a minute long while I was in the moment - now looking bad they actually passed faster than they felt at the time.
Over the past year I have met many amazing people who have also embarked on this bumpy road to adoption and some that have come out the other end. All have been a great source of knowledge and support throughout. A year ago I never imagined the experiences that I have already been through. At times this journey has been smooth and amazing, while at other times it has challenged me to see life in different ways and been emotionally crazy! I look forward to the next part of the process and although I don't want to wish away the year - I sorta do :)
I hope all of those ahead of me receive referrals and bring their baby's home soon!
7 years ago

1 comment:
It is amazing how time seems to be so slow right in the moment and then when you look back over a year you think - wow, how did that happen so fast!
Keep positive! You will get there....and you will come out the other end with your wee one in your arms
Post a Comment