Sunday, June 27, 2010

16 Months!

16 months of waiting today.  I have also just started updating the mounds of paper work that will expire come September!  I can not believe that it has almost been two years since I signed my first piece of paperwork and began this crazy journey!  I have to say the journey thus far has been filled with many ups and downs.  I believe someone once referred to this process as a roller coaster ride - I have to say this is very accurate (even though I have never been on a real roller coaster I can imagine :) ). 

People have been asking me a lot recently about time lines - and I give them the most honest answer "I have no idea" or "that is the million dollar question".  I think the wavering and ever increasing time lines have made me realize that this is not going to happen anytime soon.  At first I still was trying to be optimistic but then realized that was simply making the wait much longer.  I have decided to expect no referral until 2011 (lets hope within that year!!) which has made the waiting somewhat easier (some days :) ).  I fine renewed hope when I hear about others referrals and steps through court, visa's issued, etc.  - this is what makes it continue to feel like it will happen one day!

2 comments:

hazel said...

You have such a great attitude and approach to the wait. It's good you're starting your updates now - these things tend to crop up on you unexpectedly otherwise :-P

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Thanks Hazel - I am trying to have a good attitude about it...somedays it works...others not so much :)