Sunday, February 27, 2011

2 Years!

31 months since the start of this process -- and 24 months since I was considered "officially waiting" which is signified by my file landing in Ethiopia.  Time lines have not changed much since the last update.  I have been told there are referrals coming sometime in March, but given there are still many people in front of me there won't be one for me.  I am hoping to hear something by the summer however trying not to get my hopes up about it given the time lines change daily. 

The last two years have been filled with many ups and downs.  I have thought about this day a lot in the last few weeks and have decided that I am going to focus on all those aspects of my life in the last two years that have made me smile. 

I head out to somewhere hot this week --- Cuba!   I didn't take a trip last year due to the waiting game however decided I truly deserve one this year.  I plan to soak up some sun and relax!  I figure it can be a distraction from the process but also a celebration of the two year mark.  I did inform the adoption agency that I would be away -- just in case :) but am certain I will not hear much from them. 

Hoping that the good news continues to come for all of those waiting for court dates, referrals and paperwork to bring their little ones home! 

8 comments:

hazel said...

I hate that you've been officially waiting 2yrs but I love that you are going to Cuba!! Have a wonderful time :-)

Melissa said...

Two years . . . you are getting closer. Inch by inch!

Have a great time in Cuba!

Connie said...

Two years... that's a long time to wait. But at least that a big milestone out of the way. It can't be to much longer now, I hope. We're hitting the two year mark in two weeks. Hope you have a great time in Cuba.

Dancin' Momma said...

Oh I love Cuba! Where are you staying? Havana is one of my favourite cities in the world. Love it there!

Ranavan said...

Yup, no doubt about it waiting 2 years sucks!

Enjoy Cuba and have a mojito for me :)

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Thanks for all your comments. Rana I will have a few for all of you :)

2 years is a long time -- I am just waiting for the day that the wait doesn't seem to matter anymore because my little one is in my arms.

lyndsey said...

Please post some Cuba pictures!!!

I love travel pics.

Two years SUCKS.... I hope things start happening for you by the summer!!

L

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

I will work on those pictures....tried to do it but they won't upload on blogger so will have to try again soon.