Wednesday, April 27, 2011

26 months!

26 months waiting for a referral - wow!  I didn't post last month as I must say I wasn't feeling so hopeful and decided to hold off on the rant.  This month has left me with much more hope.  Things appear to be moving again and CAFAC has been wonderful in answering all my questions when I call.  I don't know how much longer the wait for a referral will be but feel much more hopeful that it will happen with some idea of how many people ahead of me.  I am now just trying to stop my brain from calculating when I need to get a referral in order to hit court before closures (but this is not looking likely).  My understanding from others experiences is that once court is applied for it is about 4 week wait to find out when the court date will be and then it is about 4-6 weeks await to travel for that date.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will continue to move and hoping perhaps for those waiting for visa's that leg of the wait becomes quicker! 

Here's hoping that those long waiters get referrals soon, court dates continue to be successful and people travel to get their little ones in the shortest time possible!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on surviving 26 months of waiting! I hope that your referral is on it's way! Fingers crossed for you :)

Dancin' Momma said...

Glad you are feeling more hope!! :)

hazel said...

Hope is good! I'm hoping right along with you :-D

Debbie said...

My fingers are crossed that you get a referral soon, never loose hope.
Debbie